Friday, June 30, 2017

TWO FINISHES!!



Stash Cats Two is finished.  I decided to use the same background that others have used on this project.  It is a simple open diamond with just one strand of floss.  It went quickly and by planning ahead, I was able to anchor in the cat.  I'm going to have it made into a pillow.

5-4-3-2-1 is also finished.  It took me 2 days to get the ribbons finished.  I wanted a red, but didn't have it in the ribbon floss so I tried Frosty Rays.  Didn't like it at all - too bright and too wide.  So, no red.  I used several different colors of the shimmer ribbon floss.  It could be better, but this is as good as it's going to get.  (You have to enlarge the photo to see the ribbons.) 
This piece looks so much better in person!  I hang it on the wall to photograph and the white wall shows through the black canvas. 
Off to the framers!  I hope they can do what I want, but I may have to do the mounting part myself.

1 comment:

Sara Leigh said...

Brava! I love both of these pieces. You should be very proud (in spite of your quibbles about the ribbons; hahahahahaha).