I have been stitching quite a lot, but can't show you 2 of the finished pieces until after Christmas!
This piece, my Bargello Mask, has been a WIP for many years. I think I started it before I started this blog! It was inspired by pictures of Balinese masks in a catalog.
The center square is all basketweave in floss and the Bargello is done in Orchidee wool tapestry yarn (which has been discontinued for a long time).
It was a WIP forever because my original plan was to surround the center square with beads. Bugle beads were my first choice, but they were too irregular in size to play nice! Next I tried several rows of seed beads, but they were just not laying perfect enough to suit me.
So it lay in the drawer.
Now I am on a mission to complete these ancient WIPs. I pulled this out, tried a few other bugle beads, but none of them were right. They were even, but not long enough. So, I decided to just satin stitch it with FyreWerks Soft Sheen, laid over a crocheted-type metallic for padding. Voila! DONE! I'm happy and another WIP bites the dust.