Friday, January 3, 2020

Candy Dish

I saw this design on Facebook several times and finally decided I wanted to try it.  The design area is 5x5 and I have several finished pieces that size.  Sooooo, if I liked it, I could make candy dishes.  

I finally found the pattern for sale on Etsy and bought it.  Surprisingly enough, I happened to have most of the materials in stash and was easily able to find a substitute for the other. I would make one, per the pattern, and go from there.

Here is the result.  With and without candy.  It's ok, but not ok enough to make any more.  The finishing instructions are a bit vague and I suspect I didn't do it quite right, but it was a PITA in any event!  One of my substitutions was the backing fabric.  I used felt, which did not make a nice edge.
Oh well.  It's done  First 2020 finish!


The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I think it is charming~

Brenda's Needlepoint Studio said...

This is such a cool design. It looks wonderful.

Sara Leigh said...

It looks cute, but I understand why you might be done with one. I don't enjoy doing my own finishing, and this one does look like a PITA.

Melitastitches4fun said...

Getting the sides to lift must have been tricky. But, it looks great and love the colors.