Friday, April 3, 2009

Dingo Hunting Kangaroo


I don't see the title in the picture, but I love the piece. I finally finished my Orana Originals aboriginal design. I purchased the pattern in Australia a year or so ago. It is a cross stitch pattern, which I stitched in needlepoint on 18-count Leventine Blue canvas. I used Watercolors for the background. The pattern is mostly in Kreinik metallics except where I couldn't get the right color, so there is also some floss. It is all Tent except for the white streak across the center which is done in Smyrna Crosses. I'll take it up to Reno with me this summer for my favorite framer to take care of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such an interesting design, Liz! I've been waiting for you to finish this. I can't think what color mat or frame you would use to finish this, so I hope you post a photo when it's all done.

Deb said...

Very strange piece, defineately Aboriginal... I can see it would be wonderful in the right environment, Liz.
Deb

Elizabeth Clark said...

I love it! And such great colors, I had a dark blue bedroom as a kid, this would have been perfect! I see footprints along the bottom, maybe that is the dingo and the kangaroo.