Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mad Miters


The other piece I finished last week is a bargello piece in a technique I call Mad Miters. This is such a fun project and one which I hope to teach as an online class next year. This particular piece is "wilder" than most that I do, with more colors including an overdye. I will do some "calmer" samples as well. In the meantime, you can enjoy other Mad Miters that are included in my Slide Show.


Here is another older Mad Miters I did with Brazilian Embroidery roses in each center. It turned out really pretty and I still like it even though it is 20 years old!

3 comments:

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

I really love your bargello.

Cyn said...

Hi Liz,

Very pretty.

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

tintocktap said...

Your Mad Miters both look gorgeous! I love all the wildness of them and the fact that they're not all symmetrical! I think the red rose centres in your older one are really beautiful, they stand out so well anong the colours of the design!