Thursday, July 4, 2013

Menagerie update

It has been almost a year since I have posted about Menagerie.  Or worked on it!  Menagerie is last year's year-long project for Cyberpointers. 
I brought it with me to Reno and have actually completed one section.
This is the second Rhodes stitch section and I decided it would be fun to try to do my name in Rhodes stitch variations.  I spent a couple of days with computer and graph paper, and finally came up with a design.  It turned out OK!  I used 2 shades of Splendor and one overdyed Waterlilies.  I don't know if I will fill in the background or not.  I'll decide later.  Most of my sections have a border, but I could just fill it with whatever I do for the overall background.  Here's the whole thing so far.  Again, sorry for the poor photos, I just have my phone with me.

1 comment:

Nancy L said...

How very clever! I never would have thought such a challenge would work.