Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Catching Up

My goodness, what a busy week and weekend!  I have gotten so far behind, I will just write a bit to play a little catch up.

Last Thursday was such a fun day, meeting Jan (Stitchlady).  We met at the LNS and had a wonderful time choosing colors & threads for Jan's version of Vegas Nights which will be shades of brown and copper.  I am soooo looking forward to watching her progress and seeing how it looks in such a different color scheme from my original design.  You can watch her progress too on her Blog, just click on Stitchlady above. Then we went practically next door to a Greek restaurant for a yummy lunch and conversation.  It was so much fun to meet a Blog Buddy!!

Then DH and I were off to San Diego.  We drove down Thurs. night.  We spent the weekend visiting friends & family and I won't bore you with that.  But I did get to go to Needle Nook of La Jolla and Stitcher's Treasures in Escondido. 

I am accumulating threads for Tony Minieri's Stars For A New Millenium and Needle Nook is Thread Mecca!  It never occurred to me to snap a picture or two with my cell phone, my bad!  I must have spent an hour studying and pulling threads.  I didn't even get to the back room where all the canvases and patterns are.  Next time! 

Stitcher's Treasures is a charming little shop in Escondido (North San Diego County) and the two women working there were very nice and most helpful.  They even special ordered a thread for me right then & there!  I should have it in a day or so!!!  AND there is a lovely little wine bistro nearby where we enjoyed a glass of wine & a terrific chocolate mousse cake.  Mmmmm.

I now have almost all of the thread for Stars and hope to get started on it soon.  Of course you will be kept posted on that!  It will be slow going though as I have a lot of other work to do.

I promise to post some progress photos of my projects later this week!

No comments: