Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Bloomin' Bargello, Analogous

The last Bloomin' Bargello has been started.  Actually it is about half done.  I still have to fill in the background, which will square it off.  It looks kind of funny because I blanked out the bit of background I have started. 
The original plan was to do the background in shades of blue, hence the blue canvas.  But now I'm thinking green might be better.  Either way would be an analogous color scheme.

This all began with the Painter's Thread that I used for the big cross.  It is a stunningly beautiful thread!  I bought some about a year ago because it was so pretty, and then it just went in the miscellaneous metallics drawer.  Well, it worked up just fine.  It is basically a rayon ribbon with some metallic.  It lays quite well & doesn't ravel out much.  I love it and want to us it again.  Gonna have to make a field trip to San Diego again so I can go to Needle Nook of La Jolla (that's where I got it).  Won't that be a hardship?! LOL The colors online aren't true, the one I have is actually much darker than it shows on screen.  So, I really need to see these threads in person!

No comments: