Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hong Kong Junks


This piece was also entered in the Tucson ANG Seminar Exhibit, 2006, and took 2nd Place in the Professional Adaptation category. I adapted this from a painting called "Aube a Hong Kong" by L. Toffoli. I had a lot of fun with this, using a variety of textured stitches. I used Needle Necessities overdyed floss, Watercolors, Anchor & DMC floss. There is quite a variety of stitches, both straight & slanted. The water & reflection are alternating rows of Continental and Slanted Gobelin. The dark blue background is unstitched, it is the Leventine Blue canvas. The light background is T-Stitch, worked partly in pale blue & partly in a sparkly white (I don't remember what the thread is).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've done so many beautiful pieces over the years, Liz! This has to be the one I love the most (my colors). Simple design all dressed up in perfect colors and stitches. I live in a small townhouse so I envy you with two places to decorate with all your stitching!

LIZ said...

Thanks, Jan. And I still have a bunch of stuff stacked in a closet! We need revolving walls!

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Liz,

I just love it and could look at it for a very long time. It just gives me such a sense of serenity.

Having those feelings make me realize that I should try to find myself an equally beautiful boat scene to stitch.

My husband having been born next to the sea also love such scenes.

Pierrette =^..^=

NCPat said...

Congratulations on such a lovely piece! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pieces!

Anonymous said...

Is "Hong Kong Junks" a design that is for sale? I love it. So calming and yet looks like so much fun.
Jan